I was asked to write a piece recommending five books written by women for Electric Literature’s READ MORE WOMEN skein. I’m afraid I cheated due to time pressure (but really wanting to contribute) and culled out five pieces from my newsletter. I was so grateful to be asked, I’m so glad they do this, and I really want more people to read the five books I had space to mention.
WARREN ELLIS LTD Articles.
- Andrew MacGregor Marshall on Twitter: “An Instagram feed just published a photograph of Cambodian strongman Hun Sen wearing a rare Patek Philippe watch worth $3.2 million. His official salary is about $1,150 a month.” – (corruption outing via watch-watching)
- The Woman Who Has Styled Justin Bieber, Anita Hill, and the iPod | The New Yorker — fascinating. big power moves
- TANK MAGAZINE: Jenna Sutela interview – “Being extremophilic, its spores may have travelled to earth from another planet – meaning that we ate the alien.”
- Ancient four-legged whales once roamed land and sea
- Tongzi hominids are potentially a new human ancestor in Asia
- Evidence found of Denisovans interbreeding with humans in Southeast Asia more recently than thought. I like thinking about the human clade, as it were – different versions of humans moving around each other.
- VAN DER VALK being remade. I have the whole original British tv series (technically, both of them) on my shelf
- ” An ancient group of people made ritual offerings to supernatural deities near the Island of the Sun in Lake Titicaca, Bolivia, about 500 years earlier than the Incas “