- RESISTANCE TO THE COLONISING PRESENT – Paul Raven quoting and discussing Deb Chachra: ” The notion that the present is colonising — or, in economic terms, externalising — the future is a powerful, if distinctly bleak metaphor. But I think it also contains some cause for hope regarding the ultimate result of this struggle, provided we lean into the metaphor a little further. “
- Jay Springett on notebooks and lists
- Sean Bonner’s personal uniform
- Adam Greenfield interviewed about “the undead rhetoric of the smart city”
- Marc Weidenbaum on sound design and the CHERNOBYL show
- At A Year In The Country: Looker and the Imagined Omnipotence of the 1980s Computer
I’m trying to remember to list the blogs I read regularly, as new posts pop up, in order to be able to map my end of the scattered archipelago that is the Isles Of Blogging.
The term “Isles Of Blogging” comes from Nabil Maynard (nadreck.me), who most recently has been talking about social media diets.
Paul Graham Raven writes at Velcro City Tourist Board, and he’s got a new note up today about a piece at the LRB, himself noting that bailing out of Twitter ” continues, years afterwards, to ache and itch like a botched self-amputation.”
Sign of life from old lag Matt Jones at Magical Nihilism, currently a roaming Google director (recursive).
K at neonlike.blue/notes found these gorgeous imaginary-architecture drawings that are like Schuiten and Peeters doing Tokyo Gotham.